Thursday, December 12, 2013

A Holiday in New England

I love New England. Living near by in New York and having family in and around Boston makes it easy to sneak away from the rowdy city and retreat to the calm, serene towns outside Boston.  Over the Thanksgiving holiday we did just that by venturing to Salem and Marblehead, two historic coastal towns, one with a lot of history (Salem Witch trials anyone?) and the latter that is just simply beautiful with large historic homes perched right by the water.  I love how you can take a step back in history while walking down the narrow streets of Salem. Each home has a white plaque that indicates just who lived there and the occupation they held.  We also explored the Marblehead Lighthouse State Park with a lighthouse made of iron (not your typical looking lighthouse) which was worth stepping out into the bitter cold wind that being swept off the Atlantic.  Have you ever been to this lovely part of New England? 

Finally congrats to Ashley T, you are the Papel New York winner! Congratulations, I will be emailing you.  



(Ye Olde Pepper Companie Candies in Salem worth the stop for a bite of their fudge)
(A charming house facing a still inlet)
(The Marblehead Lighthouse)
*Photographs by Alison 

7 comments:

  1. I love this area!! One of my good friends is from here and lives there still....so I have many times! So amazingly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are SO New England-y....I just love it so much, and they make me miss home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos!
    www.fashiontruffles.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I grew up right next to Vermont (which I call "New England", sort of) and these photos are very similar to the area. So nice and country-looking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always wanted to take an East coast trip all around the New England area. The only place I have been is Newport Rhode Island, which I LOVED.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being as how I'm in New England, I love this post. Marblehead is beautiful too. I love charming seaside towns!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty pictures! It sounds like you had a blast, I would love to go back to New England {I went a few summers ago} and re-explore the coast! xx

    ReplyDelete