Monday, July 15, 2013

Fishkill Farms & Cherry Clafouti

For as much as I love living in the city, I also love escaping from it.  A day in the country is something that is definitely not over-rated, being among green grass, swaying fruit trees and a refreshing breeze is something that everyone can benefit from.  Recently we ventured to Fishkill Farms in Hopewell Junction, NY - you might recognize this farm, it is where we also go apple picking (post here), this time though, it was cherries, tree upon tree of beautiful ripe cherries.  I could have picked every last piece of fruit off of every tree, but it was nearly 100 degrees the day that we went, so I decided to stop after a few pints full.  Upon returning home the question of the day became, what to do with all of these cherries? I decided to make a Cherry Clafouti, the delectable French dessert from the Limousin region of France.  This dessert has a rich vanilla custard and is surrounded by the sweetest and juiciest cherries, also this recipe could not be easier. Also, just a little blog note, now you can Pin directly from my photographs! Continue for more...


A Few Things: This dessert can be made in a variety of dishes, you can use different sized ramekins (if you are using smaller dishes, you will need to reduce the baking time almost in half), I used a porcelain tart dish.  
*All photographs & styling by Alison
**Recipe adapted from Bon Appetit's Cherry Clafouti

11 comments:

  1. Hi Alison! What a place! Seems so peaceful and relaxing! I am a huge cherries lover, so your recipe inspires me a lot!:) Happy Monday, kisses! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is right by where I went to college! It's such a gorgeous area, and your pictures are stunning. Looks like an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is right by where I went to college! It's such a gorgeous area, and your photos are stunning. Looks like such a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cherries look amazing! What a beautiful place.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went to college about 20 minutes from there and one of my best friends lives in Fishkill!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The desert looks amazing!!! I have to try and make it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your trip looked wonderful and the heat this is the perfect solution to use up the extra berries.

    Ali of

    Dressing Ken

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing getaway - so nice that it's close! You photos are amazing, not to mention that dessert looks amazing. I might have to give it a try with some less delicious store bought cherries...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like such a relaxing getaway! And I'm totally craving cherries now :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That dessert looks so yummy! And these pictures are gorgeous. I agree, sometimes it is best to escape the city. It's always refreshing when I do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are the classiest lady around! Thanks for this recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete