Monday, January 21, 2013

I Love This Look:: Black & Red

I hope that everyone had a great weekend! It certainly felt like spring was on the horizon here in New York as the temperatures reached up to almost 60 degrees yesterday.  The majority of the year, I like to infuse a lot of color into my wardrobe - I am definitely not the stereotypical New Yorker that only owns black clothing.  However, during the winter months when it is dark when I wake up in the morning and dark when I come home, I feel like I need a little bit more motivation to wear my brighter colors. Instead, I like to add a pop of color here or there, which is why I love this look - nothing goes better with black than red (and okay gold, of course).  I love how it has a bit of a 1980's vibe without being over the top, although this look definitely takes me to Richard Palmer's Addicted to Love video.  I hope that everyone has a great week!



16 comments:

  1. great look...love the red details...
    kiss and happy start of week
    vendy

    NEW POST
    FOLLOW ME ON:
    the simple life of rich people blog
    instagram @thesimplelifeofrichpeople
    twitter @simpleliferichP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black and red is my favorite!! It's beyond chic and fabulous! Love your picks. xo, Julie
    www.fromproseccotoplaid.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black and red is such a chic color combo. I love that red bag!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Black and red is such a fierce color combo...definitely not for the faint of heart. Love those heels!

    Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. I certainly don't wear enough red. I agree, it's just fabulous paired with black. Great picks!

    xo Jenny
    www.crazystylelove.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the outfit!! especially the pants and jacket...nice price for a jacket!! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Smashing look! So sophisticated. I don't know a city or a look where black is not great!
    xo Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving it too! Kisses dear and have a great week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this outfit! Black & red are a classical and perfect combo!
    And I want those red shoes for my collection... ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Black and red is one of my favorite combos and you've inspired me to wear this combo this week.

    Red Soles and Red Wine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the little peak of red in the coat!

    xx
    Holly Foxen Wells
    GlamourMash

    ReplyDelete