Friday, November 2, 2012

The Beauty Cabinet:: Face and Body Oils

I have been using a blend of essential oils on my face and body for years.  I love how they add a bit of aromatherapy to my skincare routine without having to go to a spa.  Today, every beauty company seems to be adding these to their product line-up quite rightfully so, as oils are great to massage into your skin before you layer on your moisturizer.  Oils are a great addition to your regime especially as the temperatures begin to plummet leaving the skin more susceptible to chapping due to harsh interior (dry-heat anyone?) and exterior (blustering, sub-zero temperatures) elements.  

Another important fact to know about oils is that oftentimes people with oilier skins think that adding an oil into their regime will cause them to break-out, but that is not that case. There are different oils for all skin types, and one thing to remember is that you need oil to combat oil, it is an oxymoron of sorts, but it is true.  
{Face}
Dry/Mature:: Fresh Elixir Ancien - A luxurious blend of oils that truly leaves skin soft and supple. Using this during the harsh winter months is an essential to keep skin moisturized and glowing. This oil is even hand-blended in a monastery, just like the Crème Ancien, it's cream counterpart.
Combination:: Jurlique Skin Balancing Face Oil - This oil is suited for skins that are combination (oily t-zone and dry everywhere else). It is also infused with Rosehip Oil, a powerful antioxidant that has the ability to help prevent and reduce wrinkles.  
Oily:: AROMESSENCE Ylang Ylang Oil - This oil is heavenly scented and targets skin that tends to be more oily.  I love to use this during the summer, as it provides enough hydration to layer under my SPF, but doesn't let my makeup slide off my face either.  
Nighttime::Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate - This oil is intended to use at night, as it has features an intense blend of oils that repair the skin, but during the winter, I use it under my moisturizer during the day.  I really think that applying this oil before I go to bed helps me sleep at night and I always wake up with more vibrant skin.  



{Body}
 Elemis Exotic Frangipani Manoi Body Oil - An exotic cocktail of amazingly floral frangipani. This oil is absorbed directly into the skin without leaving anything but soft skin behind. 
Nars Manoi Body Glow II - A wonderfully intoxicating aroma of gardenia that can double as a great base for perfume. 
L'Occitane Almond Supple Skin Oil - If I could drink this oil, I would.  It has the addictive fragrance of almond oil and it also comes in a shower oil too that is just as divine.  
Burt's Bees' Lemon & Vitamin E Bath & Body Oil - This dual-purpose oil is lightly scented with refreshing citrus oil paired with the healing powers of Vitamin E.

16 comments:

  1. Oh wao! This is great! I love Fresh product and will need to add this oil to my list. Have you tried Tata harper products? SHe has a great hydrating floral oil product that is divine....and my skin loves it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember you talking about her on your blog! No I haven't but have read about it a lot might just have to try it:) thank you for the recommendation!

      Delete
  2. I love Fresh products... and kiehls is another fave! haven't tried the other products but I will have to put them on my list!

    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obsesses with all the Fresh products but I am yet to try this one! Will add to my list! Thanks!

    xx
    Holly Foxen Wells
    GlamourMash

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't realize that about combating oils with oils. I should probably try some this winter when my skin is really dry...

    Amy


    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love body oils so much, I have one from Jurlique and my skin feels so soft after using it!:)
    xx Kate

    http://style-department.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful post! I use oils, both carrier and essential all the time and my skin loves them, too. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is crazy, but I've never tried any sort of body oils. I need to get on the bandwagon!! I hope you have an amazing weekend!
    xoAmy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey lady! Thank you so much for your sweet comment about my Lovely Little Lots space on GlamourMash! You have a great blog here and I'm now following you- it'd be great if you could stop by my blog too :) I have yet to try any face oils but I always hear how wonderful they are- I might have to give one of these a try!
    xo, Sarah
    www.comingunstitched.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a really great post. I have always shied away from oils, because I thought my skin was too oily. I will definitely give these a try. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great post Alison and I wish I could use oil but I am just breaking out from this stuff UNFORTUNATELY :-(

    www.fleurani.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that fresh oil! you should try sunday riley juno, its amaze


    xo SideSmile,
    Ashley

    SideSmile Style

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post and I really enjoyed the article. One of my favorite is argan olie and I use it all the time. It is so important to take care of our skin.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the tips! They were really helpful!

    "arganolie"

    ReplyDelete