Sunday, January 29, 2012

Hazelnut Cinnamon Rolls

Nothing is quite as tempting as the smell of cinnamon and sugar fragrancing the house on a cold weekend morning.  I typically stick to eggs, toast and fruit on a Saturday morning, but recently I was craving something just a bit more comforting, like cinnamon rolls.  I wanted to make a  more grown-up recipe that was just a little different than the rolls I used to eat growing up, so I settled on the Italian inspired hazelnut cinnamon rolls. They were absolutely divine.  Between the nutty, almost chocolate tasting hazelnuts, the caramel-like consistency of the filling, to the fluffiness of the bread, this was quite the breakfast treat.  


A Few Things: I chose to make my own dough (actually, it's my boyfriends unbelievable secret recipe, I am working on him to share it) and frosting, just because I had all of the ingredients on hand. You can choose to make the recipe version, which calls for mascarpone cheese and buttermilk, but I wanted something just a little lighter. 
whisked the following ingredients together:
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
1 tablespoon milk (I used skim)
1/4 teaspoon organic pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
(The ultimate breakfast treat)

No comments:

Post a Comment