Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thanksgiving Table Settings




Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, but it wasn't always this way.  As a child, I used to count down the days until Christmas, but I have found that as I slowly get older that I cherish Thanksgiving much more.  There is just something about a beautiful table setting full of delicious food that you typically only eat once a year like stuffing, buttery homemade biscuits, limitless amounts of mashed potatoes whipped to perfection and tart cranberry sauce, that makes this day of thanks so special. There are also the traditions that have lingered for years. My favorite being waking up to my mom fragrancing the kitchen with celery and onions, as she prepared the base of the stuffing with the hum of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in the background.  

I am not cooking this year, nor will I be home with my family, but I am still very excited for this holiday. I plan on making a dessert, I haven't decided on which one yet and my mom's amazing brocolli and cheese casserole (I will be sure to share the recipe here).  Our kitchen in Brooklyn is the size of a tuna can, so the likelihood of us hosting this holiday is slim to none; however, if we were, here are some beautiful table settings that I am dreaming about. 

(All images from Martha Stewart)
(A clever craft from Design Sponge)

No comments:

Post a Comment